Friday, August 27, 2010

CBRII (Hell for Leather edition): a trilogy of Christopher Pike novels.

Know what started this of?
The fucking Twilight effect.
In case I'm the only one who's noticed, there's eleventy fucking billion books for young adults out there about vampires right now. Imagine my suprise when I discovered that three of those books comprise all six novels of Christopher Pike's 'The Last Vampire' series. Partly, I was suprised because, frankly, it's like he dropped off the face of the earth sometime around my 15th birthday, after (figuratively) beating the ever-living hell out of any delusions R.L. Stine had at being a horror writer. I was also surprised because I thought Pike had only written two books in that series. Opps.

No, I'm not reviewing The Last Vampire. But seeing those books got me thinking. Reminising about how much I loved his work when I was a teenager. And, as has already been noted, I'm insanely behind on this cannonball read. What more reason do I need? Fortunately, because I'm one of those people who are probably going to end up on Hoarders one day, I still had all my Pike novels lined up like old friends in a corner of my bookcase. Well, I thought I did. I'm actually missing a few. Opps again.

Regardless, I've chosen three. Guess what I'm doing this weekend? Taking a horror-edged trip down memory lane. I'm actually kind of excited about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment