Monday, November 16, 2009

Long overdue Halloween post

I HAD A FANTASTIC NIGHT.

I'm engaged to an awesome man, ya know that? He did most of the work, because he wanted me to be able to talk to my friends. Who are as awesome as he is, but I don't love them like I do him. Sorry guys, but that's the way it is.


There were a couple of downsides, like discovering my car had acquired a dint sometime while I was running around getting shit and finding, at the last minute, that the invite I thought I'd mailed to my favorite cousin was, in fact, still in my bag, but the night, the actual party, with my friends and my family and more food and drink then I could ever imagine, was wonderful.


We got spoiled with gifts, which we had told people they didn't need to bring, but they did anyway. Morgan escaped after about an hour and spent the rest of the night utterly charming everybody who hadn't met him, and reaquainting himself with everybody he'd already wrapped around his paw (although he probably wanted back behind a shut door when my friend's 2 year old was chasing him around the house. Seriously furball, next time, remember they're short and head for the high ground, okay?). He spent the rest of the weekend passed out on various soft surfaces, much like his owners. My oldest, bestest of the best friend, Metal, stayed back and we talked for hours, which was the perfect end to the night.


To finish, here's a pic of the ITGeek and I, in our 'the couple that kills zombies together, stays together' costumes.



By the way, those soft toys in the side of the shot? Plushy Microbes. Yes, I'm that fucking geeky, okay?

5 comments:

  1. I can't see the picture! Did I do something wrong? Why have you forsaken me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has that fixed it? *crosses fingers* The picture was outgoing on my work computer, but got all shy and shit on the home computer. So I'm going to assume something wacky happened between my browser and the internets.

    If all else fails, I'll bat my eyelashes at the ITGeek. That usually freaks him out so much he'll do anything to make me stop. But then he'll probably want to replace the megasomethingorother with a gigasomethingorother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave totally gets those plushy microbes for Christmas every year in his stockings. Always makes me giggle to give him E. coli for Christmas. Or Syphilis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have both of those! I also gave them to my workmates for christmas last year, but none of the STI ones.
    Though, come to think of it, we do have a jerk I'd love to give the Clap to...

    ReplyDelete